Whilst we can plan ahead, organise and prepare for most eventualities the reality is that we can’t possibly be ready for everything and anything. Things happen in our lives that are beyond our control and there is nothing we can do to stop this!
All we can do is control the controllable and hold on to the things that really matter. Here are some powerful principles taken from an article I read recently at www.mindterraincoaching.com
1. Whatever you do, do it really well. Let your work make this world a better place. Do everything you do to the best of your knowledge. We count on each other all the time so be excellent.
2. Learn to be flexible. We tend to see what we want to see. If you are set on what something should be you won’t see what it truly is.
3. Do what really matters to you. Support the world in a way that matters to you. If we do this the things that matter the most to most people will flourish.
4. Give up a sense of permanence – nothing lasts forever – good or bad
5. Be where the love is – Spend time with the people you love and the people who love you. Reach out, connect.
Accept that there are things you don’t understand yet – Allow the possibility that there might be something bigger than what we see, something that is perhaps not visible to us. Yet.
Original article: http://mindterraincoaching.com/2015/12/06/feelingsafe/